460 swap correct oil pan

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Gaslight

460 swap correct oil pan

Post by Gaslight »

I am starting to make preparations to pull my 360/C6 in favor of a 460/E4OD. I found this link for an oil pan.

https://www.landlproducts.com/details.aspx?ItemID=1031

Is this the right one? I was hoping to get the drain nut on the back of the sump but not facing straight down. My truck is stock height and will not be lowered so it should not be an issue. But should this pan be OK on a 2WD?

Jake
1969 F100 Ranger
Fraser

Re: 460 swap correct oil pan

Post by Fraser »

The stock truck pan has the drain on the back, a big car pan drain is on the side, either will get oil on the crossmember if you are not very careful. That drain plug will be impossible to get a drain pan under. Honestly, I don't even know if it will clear the crossmember.
Edit; I think your truck has a front sump, drain is on the rear of the sump, not the pan. That listing is for a rear sump pan, newer body style?
F. Noble, Saskatchewan.
Gaslight

Post by Gaslight »

My truck has a rear sump and the drain is on the side of the pan. And yes it drenches the crossmember. But what you have mentioned about that pan is confirming what I suspect. Its more of a 4WD pan which makes sense seeing who is selling it. I am going to do a bit more research.

Jake
1969 F100 Ranger
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

I am planning the same swap, '68 460 into a '67 F250, I have a '79 donor for all the truck bracketry etc. I will have a closer look at that '79 pan, but it is 30 miles away. '80/up has a different frame and pan.
I think The link is just showing a generic picture, on another page, they show a full kit for your swap, so they should be able to supply just the pan.
F. Noble, Saskatchewan.
Gaslight

Post by Gaslight »

I was able to verify that is the 4WD pan. Which may be useable but if I can I would like to get the correct pan. I did find it at (https://www.windowsconf.com/detail/New- ... a64a8.html) but I think it is just a scam site now. Phone is always busy and they will not answer emails. Also the address is a little wrong. Closest match is a house. Also says they have 85 of them to sell and I find that problematic..

I would not order it from that site. But the part number is correct.

Jake
1969 F100 Ranger
70shortbox

Post by 70shortbox »

I have a van pan on mine. Fits good and the drain plug is right between the cross member and tie rod.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 F100 Custom Shortbed Styleside
460/C6
Gaslight

Post by Gaslight »

That looks like the same pan on the L&L site except the drain nut is in a different location. Fits really good.

Jake
1969 F100 Ranger
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

Forgot to take my camera along, but here is a rather bad picture of my '79 F250, 460 pan.
IMAG0001.JPG
Drain is on the rear of the sump, and slightly above the crossmember, but you can get a drain under it, My '76 460 was the same, but I like the fit of that van pan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
F. Noble, Saskatchewan.
Gaslight

Post by Gaslight »

Thank you for the picture. Yeah it looks like this van pan may be the one I end up with. I am not to that point yet so I am still searching for a D3TZ-6675-A oil pan. As seen in the attached pictures. I was able to find one on one site but everything about it seems like a scam. So I don't want to place the order. Hoping I will find one somewhere. If not then the van pan.

Jake
1969 F100 Ranger
Fraser

Post by Fraser »

That looks like mine without the grease, my '71 Marquis big car pan was the same except a side drain.
F. Noble, Saskatchewan.
Gaslight

Post by Gaslight »

I have been able to verify that yes the car and truck pan were identical except for the drain.

Jake
1969 F100 Ranger