Thank you note and my restoration of a 1969 F100

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Dick Russ Models

Thank you note and my restoration of a 1969 F100

Post by Dick Russ Models »

I'm a new member.
I have been restoring a1969 F100 for my daughter and just wanted to share a little with our readers. This is the second Ford I have ever restored with my first restoration being back in 1957. I have/had very little experience with the F100 but lots of experience in restoration mainly Jaguar E-Types (15) which 3 became National Champions. My primary task was to overhaul anything that would not be safe for her to drive, especially adding a power boost system to the brakes and restoring the braking system to as near new as possible. The rest was mainly cutting out rusted areas and components as needed which turned out to be a full-time daily job for two months. I did gut the interior (to coin a phrase). I redid the instrument cluster along with replacing any hardware that was worn and repainting the entire inside of the cab and installing everything with a new or rebuilt interior. I did a complete major tune-up of the engine. I ordered one of the new after-market carburetors which became a problem. I did not realize the new carburetor base was different than the original and the engine ran terribly until I discovered that it had to have the new base spacer that came with the carburetor. Once I installed that it ran perfectly. A close friend redid the seat and door panels and I just wanted to share them with you. The only thing left is my overhauling the steering column which I plan on doing this week.
Last edited by Dick Russ Models on Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Thank you note and my restoration of a 1969 F100

Post by cep62 »

:wel:
Welcome to our site and congrats on a quick restore.
If you have pictures please share , we like pictures.