Engine gauge feed harness

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

1968f250429

Engine gauge feed harness

Post by 1968f250429 »

Hello all, was wondering what all vehicles I can use the ignition/ gauge feed harness from? Wasn't sure what all was interchangeable with our trucks.

Have a 429 engine in my 68 and wasn't sure if the early dent sides still had the flat 3 wire plug. Any help from the gurus would be appreciated for part number that would work. Thanks everyone.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Engine gauge feed harness

Post by basketcase0302 »

1968f250429
Hello all, was wondering what all vehicles I can use the ignition/ gauge feed harness from? Wasn't sure what all was interchangeable with our trucks.

Have a 429 engine in my 68 and wasn't sure if the early dent sides still had the flat 3 wire plug. Any help from the gurus would be appreciated for part number that would work. Thanks everyone.
The dent era changed quite a bit, here's just a few differences to start.

1) Ignition swith bump in the dash versus dent era in the steering column.
2) Gauge(s) and illumination went to the printed circuit board after 1972 (uses a wide flat connector to plug into the instrument panel.
3) pretty sure you'd have to "graft" any part of the dent harness into the bump harness regardless as memory recalls that part of the bump harness being the main wiring harness under the dash that feeds right from the fuse panel? :hmm:

Is your harness that butchered up that it needs that much maybe think about, (can't believe I'm actually writing this) a Painfull/I mean Painless wiring harness to replace your with. Sure hope a few more guys jump in here as this is a critical thing on our bumps and surely someone other than painful makes a better option, (believe me the headaches I've seen guy have installing those are by the dozens here!!!
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4