Body swap

Questions about 4WDs and related topics

Moderators: FORDification, Doug Comer

69fordkh

Body swap

Post by 69fordkh »

Just picked up 1970 4x4 frame with all the running gear. 360 with NP 435 4spd, 8bolt dana 44 front diff, dana 24 transfer case, and a dana 60 limited slip rear diff. I am hoping to do a body swap with a 69 f-250 2wd camper special. I know this question has been asked many times but not by myself. Any help would be appreciated. Are the any changes that need to be made as far as cab mounts front clip wiring etc. They both are lwb styleside pickups.
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Body swap

Post by cep62 »

If your cab doesn't have a tall transmission panel you'll have to cut out the floor and bolt one in.
it's easy to do just follow the line.
The rear cab mounts might be in a different location.
You'll have to figure out the steering column , 2 & 4 wd steering gears are in different locations.
Clutch linkage?
69fordkh

Re: Body swap

Post by 69fordkh »

My 69 has C-6 auto in it and I believe when I bought carpet for it I had to buy carpet to fit a high hump tunnel. I have the tunnel cover from the 70 high boy as well as the clutch linkage and steering column. I will be selling the 69 frame at some point,it is a 2wd camper special frame front disc brakes with a limited slip rear D-60 with 3.73 ratio it has the 22 gal reserve tank.