Using bumpside Sport bumper brackets on a dentside bumper

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Using bumpside Sport bumper brackets on a dentside bumper

Post by FORDification »

The first new page on the FORDification.com website for 2022 is a page showing a bunch of side-by-side comparison pictures of the '64-72 Sport bumper brackets next to the '73-'79 Sport bumper brackets. While the bumpside brackets have been available as reproductions for a while now, the dentside-era brackets are not...they're just so incredibly rare. The pictures on this page are like getting Superman and Batman in the same photos....it's never happened before! :lol:

So...I was able to finally get my hands on a set of the dentside brackets and compared them to the OEM brackets I already had. And essentially...what I found was that the bumpside brackets CAN be used on the dentside trucks, if you're willing to drill one additional hole through the frame on each side. The forward-most hole is already there, but a new rear hole must be drilled.

Rear Sport Bumper Bracket Tech

LMC Truck is now selling the bumpside brackets in the dentside catalogs. The online catalog page includes a set of installation instructions, which I wrote and took the pictures for.

http://media.lmctruck.com/Instructions/ ... et_Set.pdf
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!