Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: New here, overwhelmed with my new truck

Post by sargentrs »

Nice! 8)
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
cstoyer

Post by cstoyer »

That is a fine looking truck, worth the wait I think. Now you have the nice weather ahead to get out there and enjoy it. Congrats.

CStoyer
68 F250 4x4
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Hope you get it driving nicely. Good brakes? Good steering. Love the 2-speed windshield wipers. :wink:
You’ll probably find the 352 doest get the best gas mileage but what the heck, keep putting in those $20 gas and drive it. You’ll love that truck and never sell it. :D
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by JWW »

That’s great. Glad to hear it run.
JWW
1967 F100 Ranger, Auto, 240ci
2004 F150 Crew Cab
My project: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
Old+Blue

Post by Old+Blue »

jzjames wrote:Hope you get it driving nicely. Good brakes? Good steering. Love the 2-speed windshield wipers. :wink:
You’ll probably find the 352 doest get the best gas mileage but what the heck, keep putting in those $20 gas and drive it. You’ll love that truck and never sell it. :D
Well the brakes are ... WHEW!! It had been pulling badly to the left, when braking. Saturday I hit the brakes and it gave a big shudder, lots of noise, and then pulled to the right. I got it home but with lots of loss of braking. It's something inside the driver's side front drum but the drum appears to be rusted to the hub. No joy, yet, on getting it off for inspection.
1967 F100 352 Auto LWB 2WD Camper Special
tsherry
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tsherry »

Rusted to the hub? Doesn't the hub and drum come off as an assembly on that? (pull grease cap, cotter pin, spindle nut, outer bearing, whole schmeer then slides off)
too many Fords, no where near 'nuff time.

or, money.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

tsherry wrote:Rusted to the hub? Doesn't the hub and drum come off as an assembly on that? (pull grease cap, cotter pin, spindle nut, outer bearing, whole schmeer then slides off)
Correct.

Edit: Actually I'm not sure the drum and hub can't be separated, but I think they may press together.

Certainly the easiest way to inspect is to pull the hub and drum in one piece if the drum does not easily slide off.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

3 Speed wrote:
Old+Blue wrote:Well .... I think the Camper Special was some badge-engineering from a previous owner, no? Weren’t all Camper Specials built on F250s?

67 had a F100 Camper Special.

:yt: ... look at the rear springs (should be more leaf's than normal) for confirmation and a dana44 :hmm: I had one at one time... wasn't all original but, close enough to the 1year diamond :wel:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Your drum is stuck to the brake shoes on the F.R. ...bummer.
Doing your own brakes? Think of it as a fun, rewarding project. :lol: Dont chip off the edge of the brake drum when youre tapping it, (pounding it), to get it loosened. Someone did that to my F. R. brake drum.

The pulling left/right could be a couple things but on the front, definitely look at putting on new soft lines.
....or...see if you can find a good price on a complete brake job.

Once the brakes are gone over, it may take a little driving on them to get them worked-in good. :hd:
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

Thats a nice looking unit!