Correct turn signal switch and horn contact?

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Correct turn signal switch and horn contact?

Post by JoshT »

Going to order a new turn signal switch for my truck. Don't know if all 67-72 would use the same one, but my steering column is 70 model I think. I don't have the original switch to compare to and the one in it isn't right. I know it isn't right because it didn't match the original one. I knew that as soon as I pulled the steering wheel, but I had it and it was close enough to make it work, so I did. Wither I damaged it with the grant steering wheel adapter, or the differences are causing an issue. Either way its getting replaced with the right one. Problem is the original was lost somewhere during cleaning up, so I can't compare it to what I'm finding now.

I think this is the correct switch, looks right from what I remember.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/trucks ... tch-wwires

It's missing the horn contact/brush though. So do I also need this piece to make the horn work?

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/tru ... ush-assemb

Links fixed now. They got shortened, not sure how that happened.
Last edited by JoshT on Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Correct turn signal switch and horn contact?

Post by sargentrs »

Links not working for me?
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

I'll see about fixing them, but it doesn't really matter now since I ordered the parts last night. Hopefully its the right items.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

Just a follow up, those were the right parts for my 70 model steering column.

Turn signals seem to be working fine, but horn is still broken. Well not broken exactly, but the horn button doesn't work.

Got those parts installed along with a new horn relay. I can hear the relay clicking when I press the horn button, so that's good since it wasn't doing that before. Still not horn though.

Turns out there isn't even a horn installed on the truck. :hw:

Ordered some off amazon today to try out. Even if not exactly what I want at $20 they'll get me by until I find something I like better.