Shelter in place boredom projects

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Shelter in place boredom projects

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Since there isn't much to do here in Ohio with our governor overreacting and the weather being crappy - and not having a garage to work in ...... :( ........- I decided to fire up the woodworking equipment in the basement and start making frames for some of my movie poster collection I've been buying over the years.......got 2 of them done so far....had everything I needed except the glass and thanks to our local hardware being open i can still get that cut for them....... :D .........what have y'all been doing to pass the time?
IMG_20200506_130207_hdr_kindlephoto-77861246.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Johnnewc

Re: Shelter in place boredom projects

Post by Johnnewc »

I've been scraping distributor cap contact points to get the corrosion off and resetting points on my truck because I put a lot of miles on it.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Employer is declared essential so still going to work. Don't go anywhere you don't have to. Stay 6ft away from anybody. Avoid crowds. Oh, so my life hasn't changed. :lol: I do hate that it's hurting Cruise In season tho. Georgia's gradually opening back up so may not be a total loss this year. Working on various home projects building a chicken coop for my daughter and a play fort for my granddaughter.
Last edited by sargentrs on Thu May 07, 2020 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

sargentrs wrote:Employer is declared essential so still going to work. Don't go anywhere you don't have to. Stay 6ft away from anybody. Avoid crowds. Oh, so my life hasn't changed. :lol: I do hate that it's hurting Cruise In season tho. Georgia's gradually opening back up so may not be a total loss thus year. Working on various home projects building a chicken coop for my daughter and a play fort for my granddaughter.
You sound like me Randy.....I tell people I was social distancing before it was cool to do it..... :lol:

I'm still working also but they have put out now that you can be fined and/or jailed for defying the stay at home order.....and with my mouth and attitude towards this it's just better if I hide in my basement and make frames...... :evil:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
beejaytx225

Post by beejaytx225 »

I feel the social distancing thing... Before it was a thing lol. I just went back to work today to start a new position that's consider essential. But at home before, getting our garden to a point it's never seen before. And clearing brush around trees that aren't cedars. Texas country farming at it's finest
IMG_06052020_201730_(1100_x_825_pixel).jpg
IMG_06052020_201803_(1125_x_1500_pixel).jpg
IMG_06052020_201815_(720_x_960_pixel).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968 F-100 Ranger LB
360 w/C6
Peacock Blue
Family nicknamed her "Bethany"
Central Texas
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by JoshT »

sargentrs wrote:Employer is declared essential so still going to work. Don't go anywhere you don't have to. Stay 6ft away from anybody. Avoid crowds. Oh, so my life hasn't changed. :lol: I do hate that it's hurting Cruise In season tho. Georgia's gradually opening back up so may not be a total loss thus year.
Same here. Funny I wasn't considered essential last time the government shut down and they didn't want to pay us. First time I've been considered essential as a civilian aircraft mechanic for the Air Force, wander what will happen next time the don't want to approve the budget.

Life didn't really change for me either. Just shows me that I need to find more friends outside work, or at least check in on the few that I still have more often. Had to buy more groceries and cook more often than usual. Sure was nice being able to stop for dinner on the way home yesterday.

Don't get to do shelter in place projects when I don't get to shelter in place. Was really hoping I might get a chance to work on some.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body
davelj

Post by davelj »

I am also considered essential but working from home saves an hour a day on commute and casual dress also saves some time for the bump. I have been ordering stuff to work on small projects that I tend to put off. So far, I have rerouted my trans cooler lines, fixed my turn signals so they auto-cancel, replaced the speedometer gear so it is much more accurate, rewired the neutral switch to used the one on the C6 instead of the broken one on the steering column, reworked the transmission linkage so that the indicator on the column lines up better, and reworked my plastic dash pad cover to fit much better.
I also removed, painted, and replaced the headliner and found some covers for my door speakers.