Frame # question

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

JAM61

Frame # question

Post by JAM61 »

So tomorrow I go and get my license plate for my 67 f250. And since I bought the truck out of state, it's going to need an inspection. They're be looking at my VIN# plate, but I'm wondering if they're going to check my frame # as well? Can someone explain to me where that may be found at?
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Frame # question

Post by 390FE1972 »

The vin number is stamped on top of the frame rail on the passenger side, It is up towards the front of the truck. Click on this site index and then go to finding your vin, there is a picture you can enlarge that shows you exactly where to find it. You might need a wire brush to clean the area up so you can read it. http://www.fordification.com/siteindex.htm

Regards :thup:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
jamesdfo

Post by jamesdfo »

Here's the link for Frame VIN location

http://www.fordification.com/tech/vin_find.htm

If the title matches the chassis, but not the Warranty Plate on the door, chances are someone has replaced the door due to damage, but didn't switch the original Warranty Plate to the new door......
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

FYI: The warranty tag is just there for factory warranty purposes, used by the factory to service the truck. Once the warranty has expired, this tag serves no further useful function, other than to inform the owner about details about the truck. However...the VIN stamped on this warranty tag is NOT legal for title or registration purposes. NOT TRUE,,, A lot of states now go by that warranty tag as called but is the VIN # ID and a lot sates will go to the extreme if the rivots are not correct . IT FAILS AN NO TITLE,,, Try explain that to a cop that just called a Rollback to take your vehicle away to the impound yard and walking home or worse on to jail for stolen vehicle

The only legal V.I.N. for title and registration purposes are the ones stamped on the right/front frame rail. also some states wants ALL 3 items To Match and do not care how expensive or nice the trucks is and if the don't match then it's JUNK to them and put one of the states numbers on it and then downgrades the truck
# 1 Title HAS TO Match the door tag
# 2 also has to Match the stamped vin # on frame rail And all numbers have to be there, if one is not seen then it's flagged
# 3 ORIGINAL Rivots on that door tag have to be Original or will be flagged as well

Now some will argue with me but as time has gone by in past years , more and more states are doing this to prevent theft, here we have to be sure all match before we bring in trucks to our yard and in some cases picture of the seller and drivers license and all has to be reported within 72 hours of us taking possession and that's good so we know if we do sell a truck no problems unlike some we see on E-Bay/Craigslist
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang