Dana corp

General Discussion Topic Archives
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Dana corp

Post by binder56jd »

Dana says US operations file for bankruptcy-
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Auto and truck parts maker Dana Corp. (NYSE:DCN - news) said on Friday that its U.S. operations have filed for bankruptcy protection, succumbing to declining production at large U.S. customers and high materials costs.

Dana, the first large U.S. auto parts maker to file for Chapter 11 protection from creditors in 2006, cited general industry financial deterioration and its inability to renew or expand credit facilities in a timely matter.

The filing covers Dana and 40 U.S. subsidiaries. It excludes Dana's European, South American, Asia-Pacific, Canadian and Mexican subsidiaries, which are operating as normal, Dana said.

doesn't look good-jd
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
pat67shorty

Post by pat67shorty »

No wonder it was so hard to find some spicer 5-760X joints today...
'67 SWB, 1970 car 390, Edelbrock Streetmaster intake, MSD 6AL, 780 Holley, Hedman headers, 2.5 duals, 3.54 D44 L/S, C6.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Dana corp

Post by FORDification »

Guys, we're slowing losing our choice to buy only American-made products, due to outsourcing of production facilities to foreign countries. This has slowly been going on for years, and it's really slowly starting to reach the point where we're not going to have that choice for much longer.

FordMuscle.com has a very well-written and informative article specifically talking about this and the problem of counterfeit and knockoff parts, which are both also seriously damaging (IMO) the quality and price of quality parts here in the U.S. If you've got a couple minutes, you should give it a read:

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2006 ... /index.php
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Faithful Old Road Dog
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Faithful Old Road Dog »

Don't get me started, Keith.... I still can't see the US turning this situation around. It just didn't happen over night.
Leadfoot
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Leadfoot »

Really you guys are funny I just don't get it, Made in the US or not.
If the part Is of high quality how really cares, were the parts are made. Now If I thought like that I wouldn't be even driving a Ford :cry:
May-be I'll start looking for my Made in Canada tags. Sadly most say
made somewhere els, packaged in Canada.
No hard feelings or anything!
WHAT ?
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

IMO, the made in America still is the good stuff, it's just hard to find.
Americans have fooled themselves, I hear people come up with lame excuses on why they drive foreign cars "My Mazda was built in Michigan, so American workers got the jobs anyways". SO? The profits from the sale of that car are in Japanese banks now.
And company's like Ford end up using Japanese parts just to compete. I don't think the big 3 would have done so much back sliding and merging with these foreign companies had the Americans stayed faithful to their product in the first place.
Anyone remember Ray Steven's "Working for the Japanese"? Good song, funny, but a lot of truth in it.
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

Keith- good article-thanks for the link- kinda gives ya 2nd thoughts about ebay products-"buyer beware"- i think it's all history now as far as the steel industry, automakers and the american dream-we have been sold out by the american govt. and big business- when gas skyrockets, everything you buy is affected- from groceries right on down the line- has your wage gone up to offset the additional cost? I haven't seen or read anything about wage increases in a year or more- typically it is more like reductions in benefits, cancellation of retirement packages etc.- thank you walmart- well it will be interesting to see how this plays out!
jd
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli