Auxillary gas tank fill - above the bump

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

dougself

Auxillary gas tank fill - above the bump

Post by dougself »

I have a 1968 F250, and it has an inside the frame auxillary gas tank with a fill hole that is above the bump. I have seen the fill for these above the bump and below the bump. My struggle is that I ordered the standard hose for this from LMC and it is designed for the below the bump fill. Not long enough for my application. I believe this tank was a dealer add on in early 70's (just my guess) and I cannot find a part number for the hose and vent hose. like the one in the picture...
1968 smaller.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Auxillary gas tank fill - above the bump

Post by Mach428 »

My 69 F250 was ordered from the factory by my Dad and I've owned it for 42 years so this truck has always been in my family.

The aux tank was NOT a dealer add-on but rather factory installed. The fill tube was above the bump through 69 and below the bump from 70 onward.

You won't find a rubber fill hose from any supplier, just like you won't find the fuel neck grommet. I've been searching for the grommet 35 years.

On mine, I removed the hose and took it to a large hydraulic hose supplier and bought a long piece rated for fuel. Has worked perfectly for years.
dougself

Post by dougself »

Mach428 wrote:My 69 F250 was ordered from the factory by my Dad and I've owned it for 42 years so this truck has always been in my family.

The aux tank was NOT a dealer add-on but rather factory installed. The fill tube was above the bump through 69 and below the bump from 70 onward.

You won't find a rubber fill hose from any supplier, just like you won't find the fuel neck grommet. I've been searching for the grommet 35 years.

On mine, I removed the hose and took it to a large hydraulic hose supplier and bought a long piece rated for fuel. Has worked perfectly for years.
Thank you... never knew the above bump was standard to 1969, and below standard 70 on...

LMC has fuel grommets 41-1555 or 41-1556 are the part numbers. they work fine.. I have used them.
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

You've used the 41-1555 for the aux filler neck grommet? I've never seen these before, woohoo!!
dougself

Post by dougself »

Mach428 wrote:You've used the 41-1555 for the aux filler neck grommet? I've never seen these before, woohoo!!
Yes, I used these for my truck.. worked fine. order a catalog and spend a hour or 2 looking thru it... you'll see a lot of things that you need and even more that you want! Remember this is replacement stuff. mostly chinese.. works ok, looks good if you keep the truck garaged from the elements.but I used the hell out of the gaskets and misc stuff... all work pretty good.
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

Good deal. Thanks for the information and response