heater switch wont move

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

jpiercef

heater switch wont move

Post by jpiercef »

I took apart the heater in my 68 f250 to replace the heater core and after putting it all back together the lever that changes from OFF--HEAT--DEFROST will no longer move. I notice one of the wires covered in the metal sheath is longer than the other. Which of the 2 flap controls does the longer one attach to? I have tried it on both and get the same issue each time
tino_SD_619

Re: heater switch wont move

Post by tino_SD_619 »

I just rebuilt my heater box as well. As you mount the controls, the Bowden cables are installed right to left.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

First I would disconnect the cables on the heater box and make sure the flaps are still working right. Then disconnect them at the controls and see if they slide ok. I've had things work great on the bench and something get whacked in the process of reinstalling.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
jpiercef

Post by jpiercef »

thank you both. I found out what the issue was. somehow the arm lever arm was bent and wouldn't allow the assembly to move properly