My horn won't shut off

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

My horn won't shut off

Post by Joe Kriston »

I just changed my auto shift collar on my '72....I marked all the wires in the socket at the bottom of the steering column before I removed them and now that I've put everything back everything works fine except the horn is always on :? ...I thought I put everything back correctly,but I must have missed something...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: My horn won't shut off

Post by jzjames »

deelete that... You said '72.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Consider it deeleted...Thanks for trying,tho :D
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

check inside the collar Joe and make sure that the horn contacts are not touching any metal. Did you try to put up with it long enough to try turning the wheel? Might just be a short.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Yeah,I don't want this thing going off when I'm behind a dozen or so Hell's Angels at a stoplight :evil: ....I thought it might have something to do with that little sort of cone-shaped sleeve that goes next to the steering wheel spring...IIRR,when you contact the horn you're actully grounding the circuit,and I wonder if I lost a plastic bushing somewhere that keeps the horn gizmos from being in contact with the grounded steering shaft....
capeclassics

Post by capeclassics »

Hi Lee,Love your universal shut off switch!!!! Whats the scoop on that sweet lookin engine in the pic you posted?
granitestate68

Post by granitestate68 »

Only if it WAS mine. :cry: , but I must confess, it was posted before my poor attempt at humor by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C. If you hold your cursor over any picture that was an attachment, it will come up with whomever posted it. But it is a damn fine looking piece of machinery isn't it? :D

Lee
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... p?pos=-550
1996 F250 Slightly lifted 7.3L Diesel
1961 Falcon Ranchero 144 Inline 6
capeclassics

Post by capeclassics »

Oh yes...sweet lookin engine.....was hopin it was yours Lee so I could get mine done at the same place!