what do ya think

General Discussion Topic Archives
1970 dream

what do ya think

Post by 1970 dream »

i just put an automatic in my truck witch origionaly had a 4 speed i been deciding on what to do with the pedal i coonsidered cutting it out also leaving it there for the heck of it heck i even thought of making some aperadious to make cutouts on my exaust with the cluch pedal what youal think
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: what do ya think

Post by FORDification »

Just hook a large heavy spring onto it, and use it for exercise equipment while waiting at the stoplight. :lol:

Or you could put a spotweld or two in a strategic place to keep it from pivoting, and then just use it as a footrest.

Nah, I'd either just cut the pedal and arm off the pivot pin or replace it with a regular automatic pin, to get rid of the pedal altogether.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

If it ain't wore out i wouldn't butcher it- you or someone else might want or need it someday. jd
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
19674x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 19674x4 »

hook it to a spring on your exaust so when you come to a stop light, you push the pedal and it bypasses your muffler. so when you take off it's really loud :-)
My Photo Album
2012 Cummins-the luxury Tow Pig
1967 F-250 highboy 352, np435(((((((sold))))))))) My first true love
1968 F100 SWB. 360, np-435, flatbed, currently acting as a hornest nest and bee hive.
1971 F-100 4x4 Step-side. 360, np-435, 70k origional miles- needs allot of love.
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

Generally I try not to think, that process had led to many a person getting into trouble.
You could put a spring on it and leave it there just to confuse the heck out of people. Or tell riders that it activates a self-destruct mechanism. :evil:

Me, I'd take it off. Actually, I'd never have converted to automatic in the first place, I prefer standards, but again that's just me. 8)
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

or hide the auto shifter & leave it in place as an anti-theft device :lol: :lol: jd
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
capeclassics

Post by capeclassics »

Sure is strange....I have an Automatic and would love a 4 spd.....wonder how many of these conversions take place......might be easier if we just swapped trucks instead of trannys..................
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

if you take it off don't damage it you may want it later down the road. i know where a truck is sitting that that has been done. the dummys cut it off with a torch. i thought it looked screwed up.
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: re: what do ya think

Post by 1970F250 »

ToughOldFord wrote:Generally I try not to think, that process had led to many a person getting into trouble.
You could put a spring on it and leave it there just to confuse the heck out of people. Or tell riders that it activates a self-destruct mechanism. :evil:

Me, I'd take it off. Actually, I'd never have converted to automatic in the first place, I prefer standards, but again that's just me. 8)
:yt:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

I'm putting a C6 in my truck, it's a hiboy and was never offered from the factory. I was planning on replacing the pedal assy. with an auto pedal assy from a 2wd, but then I got a donor cab that is already set up that way. I needed a new cab anyway. I would remove and replace and keep the old stuff. It's easy and that way someone else can swap back if they are so inclined.

I also prefer manual trannys. All my vehicles are stick, even my commuter. Part of me wants the auto in the truck for the novelty, part because all my other junk is stick, but mostly because I'm planning on using it as a tow vehicle and don't want to go through clutches. The C6 is perhaps one of the best trannys ever made for towing. If the C6 is good enough for Big Foot, it's good enough for me.
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
1970 dream

Post by 1970 dream »

dont get me wrong guy i love manuals to but im making like a little street truck and that old granny low just aint doing it for me i would love to put like a mustang tranny in it but i have no money
1970 ford f 100
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

turn it into a front only brake pedal then you can use it to do sweet burnouts.:evil:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
FordPickup460

Post by FordPickup460 »

I just yanked the C6 out of my Highboy and replaced it with a NP435 and I love it. It makes me want to put a manual in all my trucks. I have better acceleration, stopping, and mileage. The ONLY thing I do not like about it is there is no "Park" option.
~~~Big Trey~~~
76 F250 4x4 390/NP435/NP205/D44HD/D70U
77 F150 4x4 460/C6/NP205/D44HP/9"
57 F100 4x2 351w/C4/9" 3.70
I will have a 67-72 someday, I promise.
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

FordPickup460 wrote: The ONLY thing I do not like about it is there is no "Park" option.
sure there is. just put it in first gear when you 'Park'. it AIN'T going NOWHERE!
Done this with my Hiboy for 10 years now, and its never rolled an inch!
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
1968flareside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1968flareside »

An ejection seat switch!!!
1968 F-100 Flareside
1999 F-150 XLT 4X4
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10023

:fte: and :fr: DON'T FORGET!!