Okay, here we go!!!

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

is the second one the wire for the floor-mounted headlight dimmer switch? looks like the fusebox right above it in the pic.
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: Okay, here we go!!!

Post by 68F250 »

Holy crap, that's what it is!

Ok, you can answer all the wiring questions and I'll take notes. :D
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
granitestate68

Post by granitestate68 »

72 Hiboy,

You are absolutely correct. You win the prize. The switch is under a carpet I threw in there and completely forgot it was even there. :wink:

Here's the update:

Grandpa ( what we call this old beast ) is up and RUNNING!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :D. My son helped with all the wiring that needed to be replaced and did a GREAT job. Props to you Brad. There were a few minor differences with the harness I got from spfd68, thanks again Brian. Without you Grandpa would have been yard art for quite some time. The only differences were the connectors going to the alternator and a couple of wires in the cluster plug.

The difference in the cluster was the wire on the old one that is used for the blinkers is now where the ALT guage was attached :? I figured from reading all the posts about the ALT guage, it's not much good for anything anyway, so snip and splice and the blinkers work great. Everything works great!

Okay, I noticed the Brake imbalance? light had one of the wires cut on the old harness and decided this would be a good time to reconnect. Sure enough the light is on all the time. I'll have to read up on how to fix that. Kinda ignored the subject before because it never lit. :lol: . If I can't get it to work. SNIP - worked okay before right?

The only other issue was the starter selenoid fried when it went up. $9.99 later and vrooooom. Man does this thing sound awesome when you whack the gas. My wife had a grin from ear to ear when Grandpa finally roared to life.

One GREAT thing about this whole adventure...... I purchased a delay wiper setup from OLEYELLERTRUCK (Thank you as well ) and figured now would be the time to install. Works the nuts. I just sat there and watched them delay, delay, delay. :D

Sorry for the long post but I'm one happy camper tonight.

Thanks to all with your responses I appreciate it greatly. I think I'm gonna go lay down now, I'm too pooped to participate. :lol:

Lee
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... p?pos=-550
1996 F250 Slightly lifted 7.3L Diesel
1961 Falcon Ranchero 144 Inline 6
spfd68

Post by spfd68 »

Glad to here its running. I knew it would cause when I got the 68 it was running. Very glad to have helped you out. Maybe later youll have something Im looking for. Till then enjoy driving "grandpa" I wish I was able to start enojoying mine.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by heep70 »

Don't forget to disconnect the battery. :D
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
granitestate68

Post by granitestate68 »

From a true moderator,

Phew, glad you said that, but I just got back in from disconnecting the battery and he won't start. :hmm:

Thanks! :lol: :lol:

Lee

P.S. Brian :woohoo: :woohoo: :drive: :drive: :drive: "on the road again" If you ever need something and I have it it's yours!
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... p?pos=-550
1996 F250 Slightly lifted 7.3L Diesel
1961 Falcon Ranchero 144 Inline 6