Engineering question

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

R.Smith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Engineering question

Post by R.Smith »

I would'nt try to stop it. I'd try to drop another pipe down to it and continue pumping it. They've toyed with putting a concrete cover on it so, why not drop a concrete houseing with a vlave over it and then reattach to the valve to the main line?

Once you have the oil pumping into a safe containment vehicle, you can sit back and figure out how to fix it permanantly. This would solve the pressure problem associated with capping it as well as the spilling. And the oil could go in my bump and not in my oysters!

Or call Aqua Man. I had his number but I don't know what I did with it. maybe Sgt. Rock knows.....
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

Coming soon to a BP station near you..

CNN is reporting they abandond the diamond saw idea. :roll:

What a flustercluck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim

1967 F600 project truck
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

yo uknow i only saw a picture in the news paper. and i dint read any of the news paper. i dont listen to the radio any more. only music when i do listen. and i dont have a tv anymore. what i saw was a picture of a square pipe with a crack in it and some fluid coming out of the crack. what are they doing with a saw anyway? cutting a larger hole? is there a link to the hole story some place?
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

Tim

1967 F600 project truck
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

for some reason the links say page not found. i did read some from the link you posted. and then i saw a obama buck stops here video. i guess this rig exploded 39 days ago. and then sunk. soem people died in the exposion and now they are left with a leak from a pipe and it is flowign like it has pressure behind it. i saw that in the video too. i though it was just drifting out of the pipe.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Fordman, You really need to get out more...
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

The odd thing here is, localy i haven't seen the price go up on gas i think it did for two days it went as far as 2.659/G then floated back down to 2.369 even with memorial day the other week it was falling. did this amount of spillage show the world that supply isn't as tight as it has been reported, or is it that this is less than what we import daily? so it doesn't matter? cuase when the rigs in the arab desert explode i notice that the price for everything sky rockets.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com