Inner fender seals

Moderator: FORDification

1968_ONEHUN

Inner fender seals

Post by 1968_ONEHUN »

Does anyone know if the rubber seals are still available that attach on the inner fenders.?Am replacing the inner fenders,on the 68,and am trying to delay the rust process as long as possible,so far I've used a zinc chromate primer in the upper brackets,and undercoated the inners.Other than the new rubber seals,what else can I do.Also am replacing the rad support.Any tricks or short cuts on doing this.This rad support looks mainly attached by the two bolts through the frame,after fender removal etc.correct. thanks guys
1968 F-100 Custom Cab
300 6cyl 4spd

If it ain't broke,what the hell, fix it anyways !
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Inner fender seals

Post by FORDification »

Yes, the radiator support is held in by the main two lower bolts into the frame and by the inner fender bolts.

The seals you're asking about are available from LMC. As for the inner fenders themselves, when I get around to that point in my project, I'll be completely sandblasting mine down to bare metal and then given several coats of POR-15, followed by a topcoat of paint. That should protect them virtually forever, if done properly. I've decided that I'm not really a fan of undercoating...while it works great as long as it adheres 100%, if it starts to peel at all, even a tiny bit, it will allow moisture to get between the metal and the undercoating and it will just sit there....and the rusting process will actually get accellerated.

Another thing you can look into is installing the plastic inner fender liners from a '73-'79 truck. They're not an exact fit, they're actually a tad too large, but with a little trimming here and there they'll keep a majority of mud and slush off those inner fenders.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

Speaking of inner fender seals my f-250 had seals in the rear inner bed of wheel wells any body know anything about this as i would like to replace these seals they were definetly factory installed. Thanks Tim.
Ford Is The Mountain That The Rock fell Off Of.

72 F-250 Camper Special 390 Stroker 419 CID 420 HP Natural Asp 200 HP NOS C-6 Dana 60 4.10
96 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.8 Heavy Duty 4EOD
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Hmmm....I don't think I've ever seen seals on the rear wheelwells. They're not shown in any of the parts catalogs I have either. How are you sure these were factory-installed and not added on by a previous owner?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!