Darlin, a 69 Ranger SWB

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

DuckRyder

Re: Darlin, a 69 Ranger SWB

Post by DuckRyder »

Wow, Frank, sorry to hear that... I'll put you and yours in a prayer...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

Frank, give me a call man.

If there is ever anything I can do let me know. I still have your #.

Prayers sent bro.
Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I am so very sorry to hear of this! I will be praying for you and your family. Darlin understands, she'll be there waiting for you.
May God give you strength and comfort in your time of need.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
sport71
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by sport71 »

I just got my computer today, and logged on the this sad news. So sad what drugs lead to. Some poeple get rich off of other peoples missery, and that's also sad. Know this, God loves you, he is with you and your family. Stay faithful.
Ruben
Those who do not learn the lessons of history, are doomed to repeat it.
Thunderfoot
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Thunderfoot »

Frank, Sorry to hear this... time heals and we all heal at the rate it takes, as long as it takes... Darlin will wait for you and will be there when you need to take your mind off the serous stuff and just mess with her a bit when you want. :wink:

:pray: for you and your family.
Shayne
I'm not "Brand Loyal" Ford-Chevy-Dodge-Toyota I have them all, one even cross mixed...
If it Looks good and Works good then it's ok by me. Everything has its issues from time to time...

69 SWB (project) & 69 Highboy (driver/project)
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... d%20truck/
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10399
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Frank,

I too wondered where you'd been, knew something had to be going on.
Drugs have cost my family a lot in the past also, (in terms of the hurt they've caused my family).
Life's little hiccups that make us stronger in the long run IMO.
Prayers sent for a painless and speedy recovery for your neice, God Bless. :pray:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
towtruckerfour
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by towtruckerfour »

Hey Frank,

Sorry to hear about all that has happened. Darlin will understand and wait for you. Hope your neice is doing ok. Sorry to hear about your nephew. You will be in our thoughts. Check back in when you are ready.

Troy
Troy
Why is it that the trucks are always the best running vehicles in the family?
Ford means "found on road daily"
70 F100 Custom-352 w/68 Highboy 4x4 frame. My play/project truck
70 F250 Explorer-390/C6 auto. My work truck
04 Mitsubishi montero-family car
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

Frank
Take whatever time you need to settle things in your mind.Till then Miss Yvonne and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts. And the guys are right....Darlin will be there when you are ready to get back to her. I will miss your solid advice and comments on my own project for the time but will know that your mind is focused on a much more important life project.

Take care
Charlie
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Wow, what to say.

I thank you all. Prayers GREATLY appreciated.

I've just got to get things sorted. If there were a way to drive sense into the mind of another, we'd all have been better off than we are. Sadly I still long to find a way to do so where my Niece is concerned.

She's in her later twenties, has a child that is in my Sister's care, as state has deemed her unfit (rightly so). She'd been getting to visit and hopes were high that she was honestly cleaning up and was going to be a Mother. She really was doing much better. Then Seth (her brother) was murdered and well, off to drugs she ran I suppose. I just want my Niece back. I just want to see the child happy and sharing it with her own family. Pray for her please, she is loved and needs to find salvation that she might see it.

My dearest Sister has had quite the hard road herself. She grew up in a damaged home (we're foster siblings, but family none the less), but got out and made a real life for herself. She is and has always been an honorable person. She herself was able, within a week of Seth's murder, to tell his killer that "God has enough love for you to forgive you, if only you'll accept it... and if God can forgive you, I must as well......" she forgave him there on the spot. One can only wonder what turmoil in his heart from that moment, might lead him to a better place. Suffice it to say that I look up to my Sister and it pains me to no end to see such things befall her. She's set an example that I am having a hard time following.

Then Tiffany, beautiful little of girl heart melting innocence and wonder. She who knew no moment without it's wonder. She who tore down walls to leaded hearts as a child and crashed the fragile beliefs of my own problems merely being my own. She simply couldn't stand for any one of us to be down in the least, and would demand and receive genuine smiles.

I know we can't focus on the past, but I also know that wonderful little girl is now a wonderful lady living within the horror that she's allowed her life to become. I will not let it go. If she'll not come around to the joys of life, it won't be for her not having the avenue, support or example.

For those who will, please pray for Tiffany, Seth's beloved and his child, Pam and all who care for them. Please take the time to be diligent in prayer for Tiffany. Life has great things in store for her. I feel it, I believe it and I know it.

Once again, thank you all for the kind words. I'm in a bit of an emotional wreck at the moment and merely seeing moral support is a great hand up.

My best to you all,
Frank
Darlin 69 Ranger 390 4v, PS, DS II, disc front, 3G alternator, 67 mirror.
TN Tehya

Post by TN Tehya »

Frank, We may not ever have all the answers to why things happen as they do. But I have the faith that we are never given more than we can bear. I pray that your family and you receive the love and support to get you thru . You & yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Yvonne
Tehya (aka Miss Yvonne)
Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets him to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My other halfs deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
My Truck ...1990 Ford F-150
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Frank, It will get better, i can beleive nothing but that until it happens and after it does too.

As for us and darlin' we will be here when you get it sorted. But feel free to pm me if for no other reason than to speak whats on your mind and get it out.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
guerra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by guerra »

wow! Frank the way you express yourself when you write makes me feel your pain. :( stay strong brother.. me and my family will be praying for you and yours :pray: good luck!
Tico
1967 f-100 lwb 360/c6
1969 f-100 swb 351/c6 (project)
SRDUMBYE

Post by SRDUMBYE »

Frank, i am truly sorry to read such words. I hope soon everything gets better for you and all your family, Keep strong man, so you could support the people around you. we'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
Image Wild Cat (may 2008) R.I.P.

2000 A-Class Brabus Style
1986 KLR250
1971 F-100 still in progress
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Thanks again all.

All the prayers are always appreciated and I'd like to ask you to continue to please. All of the first round of major surgeries have gone well and Tiffany is out of the woods in that regard.

I'm a long ways off from getting caught up, so might still not be on much for a while (time will tell, really dunno). Lost my job over it all, but not in the least bothered by such. I go back on the road (driving again) this week (hopefully tomorrow). Speaking of which, once I get caught up a tad, I'll start posting my runs if there's any parts I could help move from A to B along my path.

Hope to get back to Darlin after the first or second trip (cash flow depending), but may have to put the motorcycle first in line for it's fuel mileage.

I've got to get rid of the parts truck (72 lwb 302 / auto). Both doors, windshield, hood and various small parts are gone. Cab has a spot rusted out in the cap air intake area of the passenger kick panel, but is otherwise beautiful (MUCH better than Darlin's cab). The bed sides are in great condition, but I've never managed to clean the bed out to see what the bed floor truly looks like.

I can get pics later if needed.

The price is as right as it can get. FREE
I'd rather give it to a fellow board member than see it head to the crusher. Rear is supposed to be a LS, but I've never even crawled under it or jacked it up to even look.

I'd love to see this thing go to good use in getting someone else's bump on the road or just fixed up a tad.

Basketcase, 69ranger and OldRedFord have first shot at it, barring any of their interest or opportunity to claim it, it's open to any board member who's interested. I only want the steering column, wheels (bring some steelies), both bumpers and tail gate. I really want the front clip, but don't have time to fool with it as it's got to be gone no later than the 7th of July.

Thanks all,
Frank
Darlin 69 Ranger 390 4v, PS, DS II, disc front, 3G alternator, 67 mirror.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Frank,

Real good to hear your niece is getting better. IMO our children will continue to have life harder than our previous generations, if not just due to keeping up with technology. That alone makes our children have to be even smarter than we were growing up.

Sorry to hear about the job, but good luck with the truck also! :thup: Let me know if you're gonna be down this way so we could say hi!

I can really still use the hood if it's in decent shape with no rust through. I'll have to pass on the truck though as time and room prohibit. :(

Good to see you back here on the site man! :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4