67 F100 Changing color a sin?

Moderator: FORDification

GTWilliams

67 F100 Changing color a sin?

Post by GTWilliams »

My new F100 in Wimbledon white w/ Forest greed interior. I was thinking about making it a two tone e.g. make the cab Forest green on top and repaint the bottom half Wimbledon White.
Are most older Fords that are two-tone born that way? Or is it anything goes?
I do NOT have metal stripping down the side. I'd love to see some pics of some truck that have been made two-tone.
Thanks!
'77 F250 XLT
Camper Special
460ci, 4x2
Bright Dark Blue (S) & Silver Metallic (J)
Deluxe Style paint scheme
OldBlue67
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: 67 F100 Changing color a sin?

Post by OldBlue67 »

I'd say theres probably a mix out there. There are a lot of trucks that came from the factory as two tone, but I'm sure there are a lot of trucks that end up painted that way too. Come to think of it, thats what happened with my truck, it started out as wimbledon white but spent most of its life as a two tone superman blue :lol: If you're worried about it not looking stock or something there are a bunch of different ways taht ford did two tone (theres a graphic of it somewhere isn't there?) I personally like two tones with the trim as it looks cleaner, but theres also no rule against not having it.

oh and changing colors isn't a sin...if it was a bunch of us would be in trouble :eek: :twisted: :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Liz
Old Blue Truck is Old and Blue
Ugly as sin but dont get in my way VA-ROOOOOOMMMMM!! :evil: :evil:
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

Sounds like you're doing the "deluxe two tone", see the attachment. As a rule, the interior color should match the color of the hood. Use the Wimbledon White as the accent color below the beltline and Forest Green for everything above it (wasn't it Lunar Green for '67?) What's your paint and interior codes?
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
Chasbod
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Chasbod »

Here's a pic of an all original 71 i'm negotiating on. 2 tone's not my favorite but not letting this one go by.
Last edited by Chasbod on Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

No sin at all unless you are going for an " origanal restoration". Good luck to ya, post pics.
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

My dads 71 was originally all green, but then someone repainted it pearl white. So now we are thinking about mixing those colors in a two tone way kind of like the 72. The 72 has been repainted, just the top color is a bit different shade of green than the original top color. The interior is the original green color, and the bottom of the truck is close to the original color.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!
greenbank

Post by greenbank »

I love the old two tone look. Interestingly enough, on my '68, Ford called the upper color the accent color, and the roof and lower body the main color.
1968 F250 Ranger Camper Special
-- 360, AT, PS, PB, disks
-- See Goldie
GTWilliams

Post by GTWilliams »

Wow. All of you had a good point or two.

-I believe it's "Holly Green" for the '67.

-I like the "accent color" on the top half, door and hood and wimbledon white on bottom and cab. I'm pretty sure by the info you sent me that was not a plan for the '67. They did this later like Bentonville's '72...Nice!

-Good tip to have the hood color match the interior..never really noticed that before but it is generally true.

-What does "Style side" mean? On some of the two tome charts that were posted it said "available in Styleside only." Say what?
'77 F250 XLT
Camper Special
460ci, 4x2
Bright Dark Blue (S) & Silver Metallic (J)
Deluxe Style paint scheme
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

Chasbod, nice truck did you end up getting it? I would keep it two tone, for some reason I like the two tone, and Im not saying that because I have one. I have always liked it because it gives the more charactor. But it does not matter all 67-72s look good to me :thup:

Stephen
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

I love the two tone color schemes as well. Makes it seem more 60's, if you know what I mean. No new vehicles have two tone, that I remember.

Mine has the roof white and the rest of the body green. but I would like to make the lower part white as well.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

GTWilliams wrote:...What does "Style side" mean? On some of the two tome charts that were posted it said "available in Styleside only." Say what?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Now i have to say mine will be the exception that proves the rule. As the the scheme will be fire red above the middle molding and on the hood, inside the bed.Then the roof,interior and bellow the middle molding will be Black. :D
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Be sure to document the fact that the vehicle was repainted. Take photos and such.
Reason being you will ahve to have your registration changed. It could be really embarrasing to get pulled over because the color on your registration didn't match the truck when Mr. Police ran the plate.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
tubewatts

Post by tubewatts »

Some colors on some models would be a sin to change....for example, ....for me to change my '67 Rangoon Red standard cab to a two-tone (even though I LOVE two-tone paint schemes) would seem to me to be vulgar and wasteful, but..., if for example I had a white or green 70 custom cab with lots of chrome trim and a green interior (or something similar), I think it would be a great improvement to go two-tone....sometimes its ok to go a bit beyond the VIN tag and build sheet, even for a stocker......thats my twocents :D
Recognition is the key to discovery
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

So far that hasn't been a problem here in oklahoma as they would be waisting their time. And most of the cops in the four surounding cities have or have had one so they know if it is diff color that it is being restored.Now if it was a newer car 89-2006 they would wonder about it but only if on a hot sheet. Or if they got you for something else.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com