It's FINALLY a rolling chassis!

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

It's FINALLY a rolling chassis!

Post by FORDification »

:woohoo:
Kinda slept in a little today, didn't make it to the shop till late morning. However, once I got there I went like gangbusters finishing up assembling the Dana 60. Went to put on a brake drum and found that the machine shop guy had boogered up the round protrusion on the end of the axle when he pressed on the new bearings, meaning the brake drum wouldn't seat, so I spent some time with a hand file cleaning that up. Got the drums on, bolted on the crappy wheels/tires that were on the truck when I got it, and then rolled it outside, hosed it down and wiped it off so I could take a few pics. It seemed to generate a little interest from passersby, and even had one old guy pull in for a few minutes to talk trucks and check out the handiwork.

Well, anyway....I have a bunch more pics that I'll post to a new webpage later this evening, after I take a shower. Just thought I'd get this one pic up before hosing down. :lol:

I even think my wife is starting to get into it a little. She's gone from total apathy towards the project to commenting "It's really starting to look good!"
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Bigblock

re: It's FINALLY a rolling chassis!

Post by Bigblock »

looks really good, Keith !!
Doug
71 F100 2wd 360 sold.
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: It's FINALLY a rolling chassis!

Post by cobraF100 »

Looking Great Keith...

You got my address, right?......So it should be here in about a week?

You can't blame me for trying :dk:

:D
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: re: It's FINALLY a rolling chassis!

Post by FORDification »

Thanks guys....yeah, it's really coming along! It's actually starting to look like a truck again...well, kinda.

I just posted another website update with a bunch of pics....some more of the chassis and also some of the cab. After taking pics of the chassis, I rolled the cab out of the sandblast booth and into the shop to get ready to start doing the patch panels, and just to document what I have ahead of me, I took shots of the areas that will need my attention.

http://www.fordification.com/my67-p33.htm
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!