The Time Machine

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: The Time Machine

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks to both of you! No, the truck is manual steering, heater only, and radio delete. I've decided to keep it that way. The main things I've changed are power disc brakes (from the manual drums it had), the suspension drop, and front sway bar (and the rear bar is on the way as we speak). My widened steelie wheels ought to be in the mix soon too. The only future plans are the 351C & 4 speed TopLoader to take the place of the 240 & 3 on the tree.

The stance comes from DJM 3" drop beams in the front and DJM 4" hanger & shackle kit in the rear. It'll set you back around $700, but the difference in appearance is night and day. Thanks again! :thup:
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Well, another couple of steps have been completed. I got the new rear swaybar installed last weekend, though it took a little creativity because of the suspension drop. But it turned out that flipping it upside down and backwards solved the problem just fine.

I also managed to get the new floormat and the freshly re-upholstered bench seat reinstalled. The new 3-point seatbelts ought to be in some time this week. So, once I install them, the interior can pretty much be classified as done. :burp:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 69timemachine on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

seat looks great! when you getting your wheels ?
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 427blackpearl »

:yt: that is going to be one of the cooler trucks on the forum :thup: :thup:
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Thanks! Well, my wheels should be coming along soon. My buddy is a bit of a perfectionist, which is a good quality to have for someone building wheels. He was telling me how the stockers weren't totally "true" from the factory, but that they were still good enough for Ford to send out the door 40 years ago. That's just the nature of mass produced stamped steel wheels. He says once he gets them finished, they will be as accurate and true as machined billet wheels. He's the kind who likes to build or modify something just because he can, and if it happens to make him a little extra money in the process, then that's ok too. So I don't think he's even going to charge me hardly anything for doing the job. He just likes working with his lathe and using his TIG. If that's the case, then he can take as much time as he needs. :bow:

I've got a few other things to finish off as well before the truck is ready to hit the street, so I have time. I need to order the new tires, install the new tailpipe and glasspack, paint and install the new RH fender liner and battery box, and I may even remove and paint the LH liner while the hood is off. I'm also thinking of adding a little bit cooler steering wheel, as well as a larger tach with the integral gauges so I don't have to have auxiliary gauges hanging under my dash. Here's what I was thinking:

Steering Wheel: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... 14&FROM=MG

Tach: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... 4K&FROM=MG

To be continued........
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dablack00 »

The sway bar looks great! So does the seat. Where did you get the cover or is it locally made. PM me the price if you had someone put it on. I'm about to have seat work done and I'm pricing stuff right now.

I will PM my opinion of the wheel........
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: The Time Machine

Post by 1971ford »

dablack00 wrote:I will PM my opinion of the wheel........
:eek: :?
-Ryan
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

I got the new seat upholstery from LMC, premade and ready to install. My foam was a little messed up from the old cover being torn so long, so I elected to have a local upholstery shop repair the foam and install the new covers. The foam repair and installation was $100 out the door. I figured it was money well spent because they do that stuff all day long and could get it straighter and more even than I could. The upholsterer said they fit well except where the bottom legs come out of the backrest; the stitching stopped a couple inches too high. He added a couple inches of stitching there and then it looked much nicer. The end result looks pretty good to me. The seat is very comfortable too. The new upholstery did come with hog rings and pliers if you decide to do it yourself. :hd:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

I made a couple new additions to the truck interior. The tach & shift light may be a little overkill for the six, but should be right at home when the Cleveland is installed. Now the interior at least is finished.

I also had a Summit driveshaft safety loop sitting around that I had ordered for my El Camino and didn't get around to installing. I had to add about 2 inches of steel to one side and about 6 inches to the other side to accomodate the bump's offset driveline, but it fit just fine after that. Bring on the powershifts and clutch dumps! <LOL>

I also managed to find an early 80's Mustang dual snorkel air cleaner for the Cleveland. Once I get the engine rebuilt and installed, that should make it look a little more like the Cleveland belongs in a bump. I also installed the 4-barrel intake for mockup purposes, as well as the carb adapter and Quadrajet, which you can't see.

The next plans are to install the new fender liners and battery box. Oh, and the wheels and tires would be good too. I know they'll be worth the wait! Then it's cruising time until I build the Cleve! To be continued........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 69timemachine on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

westernkansas

Post by westernkansas »

that is one heck of a find
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: The Time Machine

Post by 69timemachine »

Well, not too much to report lately. I've been busy with the new job and everything it entails, such as studying for my CDL as well as my pesticide license. Therefore, there aren't many developments to report on the truck. The only one is my decal that I got made locally and installed on the back glass. The color I picked out is even somewhat close to the body color. I couldn't let 427blackpearl have all the fun! <LOL> As usual, my rims are still in the works. But let me know what you think of the decal! To be continued.........
Last edited by 69timemachine on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

still looking good J. can't wait for some smokey burnout pics man! :D
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

I wonder if a 240 will even do a burnout. That's a good question. If not, then that's okay. It'll just have to wait for Cleveland power! <LOL> At least it'll look good while it's waiting for that day to come. :thup:
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

i am patient. i can wait. lol
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

I just got a teaser pic from my friend working on my rear wheels, so I thought I'd pass it along. Best set of 15x9" wheels I've ever seen. Well, only set of 15x9" wheels I've ever seen! :lol: They'll be body color when done and will be running '70's model grey FMC dog dish hubcaps. I can't wait until they're on the truck, and I'll be sure to post a pic when they're on. I also got the two new 275/60/15 BFG Radial T/A's this week in preparation for the wheel arrival.

In other news, I'm installing the new passenger's fender liner and battery box right now. BTW, the Dennis Carpenter liner I bought fits very well. While the hood is off, I think I'll go ahead and replace the 6 cylinder radiator (that's about to explode) with a new V8 one since I'll need it when I drop in the V8 anyway. Might as well fix that heater core too since winter is here. To be continued...........
Last edited by 69timemachine on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed