My progress

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Docholiday72tx

My progress

Post by Docholiday72tx »

I have a 73 model SWB F 100. So most of you probably won't be interested. I'm kind of a man without a country. The only other web site out there is FTE, and most of us know how they are.
My truck was originaly the custom model that came with a 240 and 3 speed. It had no options.... no power breaks, power steering, nothing but basicly a truck. It now has a 460, c6, headers, duraspark distributor with MSD ignition module, headers, dual 2 1/2" pipes, flowmaster mufflers, traction lock rear axle, tilting collum, cruise control, power steering, power breaks, and am/fm with cd player.
I've also replaced every single part in the front end except for the radius arms, I beams, and spindels. I have also added a rear sway bar, extra transmission cooler, intermitant wipers, and I fixed the wind shield washer.
Parts that I have, but have not installed yet include a complete set of new rubber for the cab, a front sway bar, a complete factory A/C system, new dash pad, door panels, and a matching lock set which includes the doors, ignition, and interior hood release.
This truck is not only my pride and joy, but also my daily driver. Therefore progress has been slow. It's taken 2 years to make the modifications that I have so far.
Parts that I would like to get for it include the chrome headliner trim, a seat from a 90's model Ford pick up, and a paint job.
Every thing I have done so far with the exception of the headers, ignition module, and stereo have all been done with Factory Ford pieces. I've used parts from a 70 model Ranger, up to a 91 model pick up including an 83 model E 350 van which is where my motor and transmission came from.
Mike
If it ain't broke....oh wait a minute....it is.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: My progress

Post by flyboy2610 »

You do what you can, when you can.
That's how it's going to be with my 68, too.
I've pretty much come to the conclusion it'll be up on blocks for at least a year. :(
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: My progress

Post by 69F110 »

Sounds great. 73 ain't bad. It is a Ford, so it has got to be good.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree