Getting parts ready for the powder-coaters

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Getting parts ready for the powder-coaters

Post by FORDification »

There was nothing to do at work yesterday, so I took a vacation day and spent the day in the shop. Decided that since I didn't have the Herculiner yet, I'd get started on getting things ready for the next shipment of stuff to the powdercoaters.

So anyway, I spent the entire day sandblasting the inner fenderwells. MAN! That process is so freakin' slow! It took me 4 tanks of sand for each side of each fenderwell!...and this is on metal with virtually no rust, only paint and a few tiny surface-rust spots. These had to be sandblasted at home, since the industrial-strength sandblaster at the powdercoaters probably would have warped the inner fenderwells.

Items being added to the list include:

- the front bumper and bumper-ettes
- rear chrome Sport bumper and brackets (to be done as a unit)
- receiver hitch
- inner fenderwells and mounting brackets
- grille and headlight covers (not 100% decided these yet)

These will all be dropped off within the next week or so. :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FoMoCo
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Getting parts ready for the powder-coaters

Post by FoMoCo »

Keith, have you thought about ceramicoating your steel front grill. I was going to try but found a NOS complete 67 grill for nothing. This is the process with the suspended aluminum coating(JET HOT) some call it. Your right to do your own inner fender wells at home. I had a guy do mine who obviously didnt know jack. They came back to me rolled up. Not a pretty day for me or him.

Nick
1969 F-100
2006 Fusion SEL
2006 e-320 cdi
2004 excursion V-10