New guy from Central PA - Harrisburg area

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

soncjet

New guy from Central PA - Harrisburg area

Post by soncjet »

Hey guys... and gals.

I figured i should put something up in here, since i started posting. Long time ford truck fan... i remember growing up in the back seat of dad's 77 supercab towing a pleathora of different campers over the years. I've been more into the newer things - a 92 Bronco and my current 95 f150... but am in the market for an older ford crew or supercab.

the bronco

the f150

i really want to trade my truck on something in comparable condition... mainly just to have something different to tinker with... you know... without airbags, abs, and all that good technology.

:fte: < ain't that the truth. i dont post there much anymore for that reason... that and all the stupid ads everywhere
Thunderfoot
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: New guy from Central PA - Harrisburg area

Post by Thunderfoot »

:wel: :wel: :hi: From Idaho! Glad you found the good site! I'm sure someone will be able to find you that truck your looking for. Lots of eyes and ears out there. Nice looking rigs you have there too. 8)
Shayne
I'm not "Brand Loyal" Ford-Chevy-Dodge-Toyota I have them all, one even cross mixed...
If it Looks good and Works good then it's ok by me. Everything has its issues from time to time...

69 SWB (project) & 69 Highboy (driver/project)
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... d%20truck/
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10399
1970FordTK
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1970FordTK »

Hi and welcome from a North Carolina native. With all the folks here looking for you a truck, it won't take to long. Thanks for the pictures up front on the blue ovals you have now. :wel:
soncjet

Post by soncjet »

thanks guys! although i'm partial to the dentsides... if a clean bumpside came along, i wouldnt kick it out of the driveway for leaking a bit of oil :D

i should have been a bit more clear... the bronco was the old truck, the eff one fiddy is the current truck (i traded in the bronco on the silver and purple one - ohhh almost 10 years ago - late december of '97)

so right now, i only have the pickup (and my vw's :wink: ) the truck has been driven very little this year (well under 1k miles since october) and just over 4k last year. i love my trucks... but the jetta rides sooooo much nicer :oops:

and before anyone brings it up.... YES, i've seen rick's carolina blue and silver supercab. :lol:
71 LONG BED
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 71 LONG BED »

:wel: :hi: Still no luck? :(
John Member #1549
71 F100 Sport Custom__________1967 F350 Gone, but not forgotten
Image Image Image
soncjet

Post by soncjet »

nada, nothing, nill, nuh-uh, nope. i have talked to a few people - but they want cash, not another truck so far. which is understandable.

i cant see that there is someone else in my boat that wants a newer truck, without shelling out cash. oh well... i'll keep trying :thup:
Wes
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Wes »

Hey, welcome you'll find what your looking soon enough.
Wes

http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10402
67 F250 High boy
69 Bronco

If you can't see fit to stand behind Our Troops...Please stand in front of them :)
AlleyCat
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by AlleyCat »

Welcome fellow PA'er. I found this site while searching for info on my 67 and liked what I found. :) One day I was checking out the the trucks for sale forum and found an ad for a 71 Ford for sale in Pittsburgh.Turns out it was a 72 and the description was on the money.The pic was okay but it looked better close up.It looks a whole lot better now that it's parked in my driveway. :thup: Keep looking because they are out there.
RedneckTexan
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by RedneckTexan »

Howdy from TEXAS! :fr:
John

68 F-100~68 F-350~69 F-250~69 F-100
76 F-150~78 bronco~78 bronco

http://oldfordcrewcabs.com/
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Welcome aboard!
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

Soncjet,

Welcome. Beautiful trucK! Looks great.

Hang around.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
RebelRider
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RebelRider »

:fr: Welcome from Missouri! :fr:
Torque....God's gift to tire dealers!
Dave
Image Image
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10571
soncjet

Post by soncjet »

thanks guys.... looks to be a ton of info here, and on another 73-79 board i recently joined :lol:

as much as i want a truck RIGHT NOW- i know i need to be patient... and the right one will eventually show up. the biggest thing was getting the wife onboard with the endeavour - and now that i have her blessing (as long as it doesnt look like something from an old Sanford & Son rerun, i'll be golden)

:lol:
theogre5150

Post by theogre5150 »

Welcome from Alabama. Do they sell copies of truck trader in PA? That's were I found mine. The guy actually delivered it to me at no charge. Good thing too because it had sat so long that the eagle gt's had almost rotted completely off. Good job on getting your wife on board. It took me a long time to accomplish that. I think that I promised her something but I can't remember what it was. 8)
soncjet

Post by soncjet »

i've seen it around here - but not lately. we have a semi-local rag - "the auto locator" - same basic concept though more for anything vehicular.

yea - she's pretty darn cool. some guys get dvd's or pants for their birthday... i got a new set of sneakers... for my jetta :lol: nice set of minty fresh bbs alloys as well as custom leather shift and ebrake boots from my sons :thup: