Napa

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

69rangerman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Napa

Post by 69rangerman »

This is probably store by store but when I walked into Napa with an axle in each hand and the machine shop guy spots me 20 ft away and says "what do you want done with your ford 9 inch 28 spline axles today?" I fealt pretty confident about his skills and knowledge.

Called me 4 hours later to tell me he was done installing my bearings. :thup:
"O say, does that star spangled banner yet wave? Oer the land of the free and the home of the brave?" It does at my house! God bless America!
theskytoucher
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Napa

Post by theskytoucher »

Napa all the way!!!! :thup: :thup:
-Troy-

1996 Dodge ram 1500 4x4
1976 Ford F-150 4x4

Quando Omni Flunkus Mortadi
When all else Fails Play Dead
67merc

Post by 67merc »

Wish my local one was like that! All I get is, nope we don't have that.
Fortunately, I have found a parts guy like that in a small little store with a plywood counter...and every parts book known to man!
Becca

Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

Nice. :thup:
gmcjimmy88
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by gmcjimmy88 »

I like napa and another local shop in town. I am not sure if he is with a larger name or not but always has what I need.
cathynkeith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cathynkeith »

my napa would have said we don't carry u-joints for those, that must be a big 4x4
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n292 ... type=local
Life is good...... when nothing is wrong that money can't fix.
1969 f100 flareside
1962 ECONOLINE TRUCK (done)
1975 Nova (almost done)
Big D's 69
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Big D's 69 »

We have a Carquest like that. Been there for as long as I can remember. Dad has been doing business with then for atleast 30 years. TOp notch guys. Glad you have a parts store with top notch people.
1969 Ford F-100. 302 4 barrel, C4 auto, 9in 3.50 open rear, headers, power steering, Turq/wht, Under restoration. In other words, in a million pieces!!!

There is no Replacement for Displacment!!!

My Photo Gallery: http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?album=655
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Supermike »

My NAPA would have said "we don't have those in stock, but we can get them from our warehouse maybe by tomorrow."
Former owner of a '67 F100 Camper Special
Current owner of a '06 F150 King Ranch 4x4 SuperCrew
worldsmysterie

Post by worldsmysterie »

I bought a cab kit from them one time for my 1 barel and I went home and opened it to rebuild the carb and NONE of the parts fit so I brought it back to return it and they said "O you opened it you cant return it", I said "How am i supossed to know if it fits if i DONT OPEN IT!" The guy was like sorry i cant take it back. I told him that was a bunch of BULL $HIT and left.
bugser

Post by bugser »

I think it's rare to find someone in a parts store that knows what they're talking about without having to look it up in the computer.

My Dad tells me that the local napa guys come in all the time looking for parts for one of their customers.
RON

Excuse me while I whip this out
kentdaryl

Re: re: Napa

Post by kentdaryl »

bugser wrote:I think it's rare to find someone in a parts store that knows what they're talking about without having to look it up in the computer.

My Dad tells me that the local napa guys come in all the time looking for parts for one of their customers.
Where's your Dad work?
Brett6269
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Brett6269 »

My dad worked for napa 36 yrs.. very good parts,of coarse the family that owns has known me 36yrs, so if part doesnt fit they will take back or exchange with no ?? asked...always been good to me.... :)
lover of old fords
bugser

Post by bugser »

National in Longview
RON

Excuse me while I whip this out
kaptnkaos
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by kaptnkaos »

I've struck out alot with NAPA a lot lately...

I ordered a rebuild kit for master cylinder on my bus Olde Skool..
They told me it was the only one left in the country...
that was right after they told me that a master cylinder for the bus was a little spendy at right about $500 with shipping from Georgia...
They were supposed to call me when the kit came in (for a mear $70)
They said it should be about a week. I waited a week and called them it still hadn't came in, so I waited another week and went in.
They looked at me like I was stupid... and claimed they didn't know anything about the order.
2 weeks ago I went in to get about 4-5 feet of 2 gauge wire to make a new starter and positive battery cable... They told me that it was $6.95 per foot and brought the roll out to the counter... it was nearly an inch thick... I'm thinkin' 00 gauge or bigger.. I told them what I wanted it for and they said that's all they had.
I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a 51 inch 2 gauge double eye cable for $9.99. I only had to put the other 2 ends which was about 3 bucks with tax. So I got both cables with ends and everything for less than the price of 2 feet of cable...

KaptnKA 8) S
Washington...The land where rust is like the family pet...Ya learn to live with it and clean up after its mess... KaptnKAOS

"Olde Skool" '68 Ford Bluebird short bus
"FRODO" '68 F-250 Camper Special project
Brett6269
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Brett6269 »

The napa ive always delt with is a 5 star store, napa does rate each store.Yes i would be mad too if i walked in after waiting weeks for a part and have them look at me like i was from mars!!! :eek: I wouldnt do business with them anymore!!!remember word gets around in the auto parts business!!! thats one thing my dad taught me from a very young age... :wink:
lover of old fords