warn winch wiring schematic or control box

4x4 & Off-road Forum Archives

Moderator: Doug Comer

binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: warn winch wiring schematic or control box

Post by binder56jd »

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

that is exactly what I was looking for.
Funny, I went thru what I could find of billavista's stuff but never did run across that!
Oh well thats why you guys are the best source for info like this!
Thanks, Mike
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: warn winch wiring schematic or control box

Post by binder56jd »

i got lucky- that guy has some very good and detailed stuff- good luck with the winch :thup: :thup:
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
averagef250
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by averagef250 »

Can't beat the 8274's. Pull twice as fast as any other winch and don't stop until the cable snaps or your bumper tears off. That's how a winch should be, not the new planetary, plastic geared, ultralight junk that the new models are.
1970 F-250 4x4 original Willock swivel frame chassis '93 5.9 Cummins/Getrag/NP205/HP60/D70
averagef250
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by averagef250 »

Sorry about trashing your M8000. They're not that bad. If someones winch shopping they can usually pick up a good 30 year old 8274 for $300 that will outpull any new planetary winch at 1/4 the cost of buying one new.
1970 F-250 4x4 original Willock swivel frame chassis '93 5.9 Cummins/Getrag/NP205/HP60/D70
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

somehow I missed this post. :lol: and don't worry about trashing this thing, I wouldn't know the difference anyways! :lol:

I picked this one up for $80, and the guy said he wasn't sure it worked or not, cause he got it in a trade.
so I'm still trying to get a control box built for it, so I can see if I need anything for it. Then I will get it mounted on the car trailer, and be a happy camper.
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!