What kind of garbage is this???????

General Discussion Topic Archives
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: What kind of garbage is this???????

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

Don't criticize them just because language is not there strongest subject.
I didn't mean to criticize, we're Ford truck guys and gals, not english teachers. I was only trying to be the devils advocate.... and maybe make somebody laugh.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i heard on the radio today that all illegal mexicans were going to strike for one day here in a couple of days. i say who cares.
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

the language thing is secondary- i'm certain most of us would only go back to our great grand-father to find someone that spoke english brokenly- as was the term- all my family came from europe- some earlier than others- i'm thinking of trying to find a way back :lol: :lol: - but none of those countries will let me in to stay for good :hmm: guess i'll quitImage go find me 3 $5 an hr Just Over Broke's, tune up the bicycle and start a garden :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

If there's a strike who's gonna cut the grass, do the dishes, take care of the children, etc? Here in the NYC metro area a lot of businesses say they will shut down on Monday because of this strike. A HUGE amount of jobs have become low pay, cash, no benefit, no TAX paying jobs. I don't care where people come from or what language they speak as long as they pay taxes and don't undercut and displace people in good paying jobs and cost the government my tax $$$ with healthcare, law enforcement, and education with out contributing their share.
Steve

My Photo Gallery
mytmatt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by mytmatt »

You're absolutely right, FBF...those jobs have their place in the economic food chain, and are important to all our daily lives. I also agree to anyones' right to have those jobs, or any job they can get, so long as they pay their share of taxes.

I lived in Arkansas in the late 80s/early 90s-Tyson foods is based there, and if you have 5 acres or more they'll come set you up with chicken houses, hog or turkey farms, etc and buy everything you can raise. The locals got quite upset when Tyson started bringing in Mexicans to work these farms, but none of THEM wanted or would do those jobs. That just didn't make any sense to me at all...
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

I wasn't going to pipe in,but since youn'z all's being so civil,I thought what the hey...I can definitely see both sides of this issue...I've been a roofing contractor here in Arizony for 20 years....Time was when the wife stayed home and raised the kids and I tore off roofs w/ the guys,put new ones back on and made enough money to buy a house and take a vacation every year...The economy is definetely changing---I see where everything else keeps going up in prices,but labor never seems to catch up....Then I see who's doing all the work,and yes,the plethora of labor out here keeps the labor-intensive trades wages and income down...I never believed illegals are doing the jobs we won't do---they're just willing to do them for a lot less...

On the other hand,I know and am friends with many of them--we watched the Superbowl together(had to explain to them that soccer was not real football)....I've even roofed houses for many of them...What's the most humane thing to do?...I don't know...Sometimes I feel it's like I live next door to drunken bad neighbors with a bunch of kids who always seem to show up at dinner time because mom and dad aren't taking care of them...You only have so much food in your own refrigerator....At some point you need to address the parents---tell them to start doing their job...I think we need to start confronting Mexico,or at least their government,and tell them to get busy fixing their corrupt and ineffecient government....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

joe- very well said
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Thanks,Binder...If you come up with a good fix,I'll vote for you for prez,regardless of your political party :wink:
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

i'm sad to admit i don't have that kinda magic - unfortunately for us the political machine is so big and so corrupted it defies fixing- i have had and have friends and buddies from a lot of races in many different states- i am not anti immigration- i am anti illegal immigration- i am 100% capitalist and 100% anti tax to pay for government wages etc- in the beginning politicians "served" the country- they did not recieve salaries etc- the appetite for tax money is voracious and needs to be curbed- gas taxes are crazy high- i hope Kinky Friedman http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/ gets elected :evil:

now serving #235

capeclassics

Post by capeclassics »

Let's get back to Truck Topics.....this garbage causes way too hostile feelins for our site..............
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

This doesn't seem too hostile, so far. Nobody's said his or her feelings are hurt and we've all been polite and civil. Good job!
Steve

My Photo Gallery
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

This discussion is has more opinions and insight than any I've heard on any radio or TV. There seems to be such an emphasis on wall building and punishing immigrants, but little discussion on actually fixing anything or addressing why they come here, and who exploits them.
Steve

My Photo Gallery
bleedfordblue

Post by bleedfordblue »

Agreed... There are other threads on this board. If you do no like this one, the "Back" button is really easy to push. If you do not agree, be calm and tell us about it. I am open to other's opinions as much as I am sure as everyone else is.

This just goes to show why this board is so great... I think most people on here are a little older and more mature than on most boards.
I'd rather be shooting yankees....

and terrorists.
The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

Only in America can you do something illegal, try to hurt our economy, protest screwing up traffic, and get away with it.
I am all for coming to America legally and becoming a citizen, my father did it, and was very proud to be a citizen.
What is happening today is just WRONG, on all levels.
What part of illegal alien do they not understand.
http://WWW.GoodHumorTrucks.Com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
bleedfordblue

Post by bleedfordblue »

Okay, I have a question. If, (and I mean this hypothetically), for what ever reason, an illegal ailen was killed, could the perputrator be held in contempt in the same way that he would if he were to gun down an american citizen? (Don't take this seriously, I'm not going to go gun anybody down. I'm just wondering.)
I'd rather be shooting yankees....

and terrorists.