bumps with lowered altitude!! (lots of great custom bumps!!)

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

1971 F100

Re: bumps with lowered altitude!! (lots of great custom bumps!!)

Post by 1971 F100 »

ezernut9mm wrote:
1971 F100 wrote:
IMGP0092 - Copy.JPG
ezernut9mm wrote:i'd like to see pics. not because i don't believe you, but because i don't see how it would work.[/quo

So here are the pics of my truck with the Flex O Matic and the DJM lowering shackles. I finally un buried it and installed the flip kit while I was at it. it is finally warm enough here to start working on the truck again. I thought I should at least finally post a picture of my actual truck since the last picture was borrowed. I did have to to trim the rear most bed cross support when I put them in. Since I do not load the bed with anything other then lawn chairs and a cooler it would not be a big deal. I hope this helps. I know the frame is a mess I am going to coat with POR 15 then prime and paint.
nice. lookin real nice. who's mini notches are those?
Thank you, I was a little apprehesive when i got the kit but it was real straight forward install.
http://www.x2industries.com/ford-1965-1 ... -3986.html
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Hey guys, I am new to the site and to the bump side trucks. I just purchased a 67 with a 302 and a c6 auto. :? :D

I want to lower it down a bit and have heard about cutting the front coils and flipping the back shackles. Can anyone give me a crash corse in this. Is there any other hardware (shims, brackets, exct) that I need to do it right?

I would hate to f{_}€k up my new toy. :thup: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1971 F100

Post by 1971 F100 »

D-Rock wrote:Hey guys, I am new to the site and to the bump side trucks. I just purchased a 67 with a 302 and a c6 auto. :? :D

I want to lower it down a bit and have heard about cutting the front coils and flipping the back shackles. Can anyone give me a crash corse in this. Is there any other hardware (shims, brackets, exct) that I need to do it right?

I would hate to f{_}€k up my new toy. :thup: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

No matter what you do it won't be low enough ( at least that is my case.) so bite the bullet and get the whole lowering kit front beams and rear flip kit. Just my opinion. Very sharp truck BTW.
marvin2
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by marvin2 »

D-Rock...I think I saw that truck listed on Craigslist about a week ago. Looked like a good truck, nice job.

Cutting the front springs will screw with the camber and there is not much an alignment shop can do about it due to the twin I beams. Seems like most people either do the dream beams or front IFS swap. If you are looking for a relatively straight forward swap, the dream beams may be in order. The IFS swap is great, but can be a major undertaking.

Keep us posted with your truck...
1970 F100 "Marvin 2" - Crown Vic IFS, 302, C4 (work in progress)
1970 F250 "Leonard" - 302, C6 (project in waiting)
1971 F100 "Walt" - 302, 3-speed on the column (Sunday driver)
2004 Mustang GT "Horse With No Name" - 4.6L, 5 speed (Retired daily driver / Friday driver)
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

marvin2 wrote:D-Rock...I think I saw that truck listed on Craigslist about a week ago. Looked like a good truck, nice job.

Cutting the front springs will screw with the camber and there is not much an alignment shop can do about it due to the twin I beams. Seems like most people either do the dream beams or front IFS swap. If you are looking for a relatively straight forward swap, the dream beams may be in order. The IFS swap is great, but can be a major undertaking.

i beams can be cold bent, the trick is finding a shop that still does it.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

marvin2 wrote:D-Rock...I think I saw that truck listed on Craigslist about a week ago. Looked like a good truck, nice job.

Marvin...Yeah, this was the one on Craigslist. I was the first person to call and check it out. Sweet deal I would have to say. She runs solid and every stock nut and bolt is on it.

Thanks for the heads up on lowering it. I will look into the kits to do it right. Thanks!
FordTrucks247365

Post by FordTrucks247365 »

This thread is giving me flash backs from my lowrider days. I'm ready to pull the truck in the shop this morning and cut some coils. I'm cleaning up the truck in my avatar for my son. I better ask him how he feels about having a low rider first. :lol:
Zeprobles

Post by Zeprobles »

Hello there bumps, Ive got a 68 shortbed and am looking to buy some American Racing Torq wheels (I think that's what yours are??) what size are those wheels? I was thinking about 17's for mine,yours are nice as heck!
Zeprobles

Post by Zeprobles »

Hello there bumps, Ive got a 68 shortbed and am looking to buy some American Racing Torq wheels (I think that's what yours are??) what size are those wheels? I was thinking about 17's for mine,yours are nice as heck! I'm referring to TD's truck (black n red)
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by elgemcdlf »

I thought I would add an updated pic.

Well not totally updated pic. I guess I will have to go out & take a few today.
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by elgemcdlf »

Here are pics as the truck stands today in the yard.

e6ug

Post by e6ug »

Hey elgemcdlf, truck looks awesome. kinda the same look i'm going for with my 69 longbed. where did you get those mirrors? and what color is that? i am thinking about eastwoods rat rod red. did you use a lowering kit?
e6ug

Post by e6ug »

e6ug wrote:Hey elgemcdlf, truck looks awesome. kinda the same look i'm going for with my 69 longbed. where did you get those mirrors? and what color is that? i am thinking about eastwoods rat rod red. did you use a lowering kit?

also, are you going to the anderson show next weekend? would love to see that truck up close.
SATURN5

Post by SATURN5 »

Work in progress.....

Bob
68 F100 Flareside, CVIFS, Cobra IRS, DOHC, M122, MS3, T45, 4.10, Cobra brakes
84 Mustang SVO, B234F, HE351, Full Cobra spec suspension and brakes including IRS, T-tops
96 Mark VIII, Complete chassis bracing, 03 Cobra wheels, Maruader converter, built trans.
1971 F100

Post by 1971 F100 »

Dig that, it is an awesome truck. Looks like it has a small 4.5" 5lug conversion.

SATURN5 wrote:Work in progress.....

[ Image ]