May She Rest In Peace

General Discussion Topic Archives
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Yeah, kinda figured that some trucking outfits treat the driver like if you can't go anywhere without any dammage we'll fire you and the tire is easily cleaned. Well Atleast the police didn't scoff and swear up and down that your old Ford couldn't possibly go that fast. Better luck next time.

Ooh and with gaters i tend to gently tap my brakes. Just enough to light up my lights. Scares the Shoot out of them. And if they keep it up i just slow down so they can't say i slammed my Brakes to kingdom come.Or if they are touchy a switch that lights em.:evil:
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: May She Rest In Peace

Post by flyboy2610 »

Trucking companies are not concerned so much with 'at fault' as whether the accident was 'preventable.' By the trucker.
In other words, is there ANYTHING the trucker could have done to prevent the accident? If there was one thing he could have done that he didn't do, the trucker will be charged with the accident by the company.
Sucks, don't it?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I wouldn't worry too much about what the woman said. The cops know that eyewitness accounts are the least reliable source of info. But they can do some measureing and come pretty close to an estimated speed. And what if you did speed up? Sometimes the go pedal is what gets you out of a jam. Just locking up the brakes is seldom the best thing to do, although it is most peoples conditioned response.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

dude that really sucks sorry to hear about ur truck.
i hate rice burners
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
67custom352dailydriver

Post by 67custom352dailydriver »

Its good to to hear that your okay, and I also feel your pain for the loss of a very good truck. :cry:

Sometimes we all wish we could go back in time and avoid such terrible events, don't we. I think its totaly screwed up and unfair how everything happened the way it did. :cuss:

At least we all know what COMES around GOES around.
ONLY LITTLE BOYS USE BOWTIES