Post by 69f250guy »

i just bought a 69 f 250, and i want to go to disc front brakes,
what companies make a good conversion kits for it, i cant seem to find any

any help would be appretiated
gotta love ford, first on race day
69f250guy

re: 69 brake conversions

Post by 69f250guy »

also. where can i get a good 2 ich lift kit, its pretty tall stock, and i just wanna go a bit bigger, i wna tot have a smooth ride still but trust me ill be going off road alot
gotta love ford, first on race day
MudinMan4x4

Post by MudinMan4x4 »

well....sence it 4x4 then youlll need a new front axle like a dana 60 or maybe later dane 44 with front disc's...as for 2 inch lift you might look in to some add-a-leafs or maybe a body lift or maybe some larger tires ..by the way thats a Slick lookin truck!! hope i helped you keep the Question's comeing..........
"Gas' Guzzler fer life" "Southern Pride""It's not what you buy it's what you build"
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

The 76-early 77 front axle would be a bolt in, still the low pinion highboy. I would take the opportunity to upgrade to a Dana 60 front. While more expensive and a little harder to find they are infinately tougher than a 44 for serious off roading. And it would be a high pinion which is also a big improvement. The low clearance between the driveline and the ground on the highboys is a real promlem. I have wiped out more drivelines than I care to admit from it hitting the ground while crossing a ditch or a small shelf. It really sucks to be back in the boonies with a horse-shoe shaped front drive line. They are hard on u-joints too because of the angle I guess.
Ideal highboy would be a high pinion 60 with a married 205 T-case. The stock T-case in yours is a tough unit but those things flop around in there like a wet noodle and again the low ground clearance issue.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.