?chrome rear bumper steps?

Moderator: FORDification

generalee

?chrome rear bumper steps?

Post by generalee »

I was at the Moultrie Swap Meet a few weeks ago and ran across a sweet 68 SWB Ranger. It looked to be correct frosty turquoise but what caught my eye was the rear chrome bumper had these 4" wide steps, one on each side that had a rubber insert. It appears they were same age as the bumper as the chrome had same level of oxidation. They were real simple looking as if they were a piece of Angle iron chromed and bolted on at the bracket using same bumper bolts. I have never seen this before or in any photos and was wondering if anyone has seen these before and the story of them. Checked the usual parts catalogs and they do not show them so I am stumped. I wish I had taken a picture as they appear to be rare as I haven't seen a picture on the internet. Thanks for maintaining the absolute best resource for our old treasures!!!
68' Ranger SWB w/ 302 Clevor (Aussie 2v heads), soon to have front disc brakes
stldesign

Re: ?chrome rear bumper steps?

Post by stldesign »

I think someone posted about that before. I think they might be from a 60's era ford or mercury station wagon.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

That would be me! http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=79261 Sounds like the same truck I saw in Jasper. 8)
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
cstoyer

Post by cstoyer »

Well, ya learn something new if your paying attention. Thanks, :thup:

cstoyer
68 F250 4x4