crew cab on e-bay, pics and ebayer not truthful

Online listings for vehicles only. No parts listings please.

Moderator: FORDification

FLASH 1

crew cab on e-bay, pics and ebayer not truthful

Post by FLASH 1 »

HOPE SOMEBODY HERE Did not get screwed on this since I looked at this one in person
not what it really is ,, person says NO ROT,, Floor pan on RH side gone with cancer,, inners are bad,, engine is not a 360,, 351m/400 or Cleveland most likely and he really comes on knowing all this but not really,, OH by the way NO TITLE , now the + bed was decent, roof, fenders, hood,, BUT 6000.00 $$$ and will take weeks to did it out if building this one will take a lot of $$$$$$$$$ on this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Ford-F-25 ... EBIDX%3AIT
Tom, where Ford Trucks Rule
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
1997 F-450 7.3 with 85,000 original miles
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
2008 F-650 Crew Cab Roll Back 6.7 Cummins
2020 Flat Top Peterbilt Roll Back PX-7 Engine
and 2 cars 1968 XLT and 2017 Mustang
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: crew cab on e-bay, pics and ebayer not truthful

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

I don't see it as getting screwed especially since up here in Ohio there are none at all and I think I have seen one in my life......he said no title which with a little work can be gotten.......he said in the description the motor is locked up so what difference does it make what it is... throw it on the scrap pile and get something else.....and if you don't ask for more photos of certain things like floorboards then that's the buyers problem.......try not to be so negative......that truck might be exactly what the buyer has been wanting.......hell being from here if I had seen it and had the money I would have bid on it up to $5000 just because of what it is and the majority of it being rust free......
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

Truck went for 6000.00. ok you live in OHIO so that's about 1000.00 + for shipping,, RH floor pan say 70.00 + shipping and if paying somebody to do it add another 200 to 300 so now at least 7270.00.. now go find a title find a title for F26 truck with matching frame rail so it could at least look legal since so many states vin on door has to match frame rail and if not no title and if cannot then has to be bonded so more money before even starting,, engine can stick anything in but none of the parts that is there is for 4x4 truck, no drive shafts etc..,, wheels and tires so all can at least match. Just to get that truck at least to move on its own power around the yard add at least another 3000.00 since this whole truck is in pieces doors held on by 1 bolt, hood just laying there on front, bed not bolted down no column etc. list can go and on so + if you have a rusted out crew cab will be a plus if not you have to have a parts truck so add another 750 to 1500, if not many, many trips to the junk yard so add all that into the price and that's why if you see one priced at 10,000 and up every body will start crying on the prices of trucks or you spent 20,000 or more and then cry since cannot sell it,,

one perfect example there is 1 uni-body truck on ebay that has been passed around for past 20 years $$$36,000 or more and the poor truck is being neglected since it was built all because so much money is in most likely will rot before it can be enjoyed
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Looked like a piece of junk to me, but you know what they say: one man's trash is another man's treasure. As long as the buyer doesn't feel taken, more power to him. Yes, it will take $$$, but this might be just the project he was looking for.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
59yblockf100

Post by 59yblockf100 »

WOW,my parts trucks look way better than that,but mine are all reg cabs,
idaho_cowboy

Post by idaho_cowboy »

So, I also watched this one pretty close. Certainly left a lot to be desired, however It was still worth every bit of the selling price, if not more. Regardless of the things mentioned. We'd have a title on that in a New York minute here in Idaho. Then it's legal in all 50 sates.

I find, fix, and sell 67-72 Series for a living. I know exactly what I was looking at.

- Joseph
Owner @ bumpsidetreasures
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

WE Hear it all the time about Oh we get a title, Bull Most states these days when bringing in a truck from out of state, the Data Plate HAS TO MATCH The Frame rail and Title and when they take a pic of the frame rail the numbers have to be able to be seen, many states are like this and if no match THEN IT's just a JUNK /Parts Truck and unlike some of these crooks that sell trucks that numbers DO Not Match, we do sell ones that numbers do match, few years back guy in Nevada got caught about titles, He and the Judge are now in prison doing time + the vehicles got impounded and crushed

This truck would have been a parts truck for us only after going on the National Web Site to be sure not stolen, then would have to have a picture of the owner, picture of his drivers license and because of no title would have to be paid only in check only,, It is not just our state But many other states are on this system,, Hard to say on how many trucks we refused because of title issues, Bill of Sale only paperwork or how many people have called us on the proper way to do paperwork or look or flags that will stop them from getting legal
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

FLASH 1 wrote:WE Hear it all the time about Oh we get a title, Bull Most states these days when bringing in a truck from out of state, the Data Plate HAS TO MATCH The Frame rail and Title and when they take a pic of the frame rail the numbers have to be able to be seen, many states are like this and if no match THEN IT's just a JUNK /Parts Truck and unlike some of these crooks that sell trucks that numbers DO Not Match, we do sell ones that numbers do match, few years back guy in Nevada got caught about titles, He and the Judge are now in prison doing time + the vehicles got impounded and crushed

This truck would have been a parts truck for us only after going on the National Web Site to be sure not stolen, then would have to have a picture of the owner, picture of his drivers license and because of no title would have to be paid only in check only,, It is not just our state But many other states are on this system,, Hard to say on how many trucks we refused because of title issues, Bill of Sale only paperwork or how many people have called us on the proper way to do paperwork or look or flags that will stop them from getting legal

If the data plate and frame have to match then how did I get the title transfered on mine without the door tag? Mine got hit and had the door replaced hence no tag. By what you're saying without the door tag my truck should have been crushed and I should be in jail........ :hmm:

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
59yblockf100

Post by 59yblockf100 »

Ohiotinkerer wrote:
FLASH 1 wrote:WE Hear it all the time about Oh we get a title, Bull Most states these days when bringing in a truck from out of state, the Data Plate HAS TO MATCH The Frame rail and Title and when they take a pic of the frame rail the numbers have to be able to be seen, many states are like this and if no match THEN IT's just a JUNK /Parts Truck and unlike some of these crooks that sell trucks that numbers DO Not Match, we do sell ones that numbers do match, few years back guy in Nevada got caught about titles, He and the Judge are now in prison doing time + the vehicles got impounded and crushed

If the data plate and frame have to match then how did I get the title transfered on mine without the door tag? Mine got hit and had the door replaced hence no tag. By what you're saying without the door tag my truck should have been crushed and I should be in jail........ :hmm:
did you have to have the numbers checked by dmv or the law,?
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

59yblockf100 wrote:
Ohiotinkerer wrote:

did you have to have the numbers checked by dmv or the law,?

We can either have the DMV or a car dealership that is approved to do it - had mine done at the DMV - told them the door tag was missing and the VIN was on the frame - they looked at it and the title and transfered it no questions asked.......I was trying to be sarcastic with that response to him - I have bought things without a title - bill of sale only - and have NEVER had a problem getting a title........ :)

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

Every state is different or by how the DMV Enforces or see how the law is , But in NC and other states that are on this system, Truck with NO DOOR TAG WILL NOT GET A TITLE !!!, several states if they follow the laws when vehicles come into there salvage yards will destroy vin tags and titles especially the pull it yards since people have been caught and sent to prison for stealing the vin tags , then going to another state and get titles especially on late model.. Your case in Ohio, If I brought that truck in this state with no door tag and try to get a title, Will Not Happen even if its a $ 30,000 truck will be a parts truck UNLESS You put a Bond up then get a state issued vin # and most likely when your putting big bucks up you want to see the original Ford Data plate with that Vin # on it,, unlike some here on the web that wants to screw some people when it comes to titles, I have to deal with titles a lot ++ have to report EVERY Truck brought into this yard within 48 hours with the Federal Govt. and Local State Dept. from Companies or GQ Public, then we have to number these trucks and then the License/Theft Bureau comes to the office, I have to show how we log into the Govt. Then he picks 10 trucks and those trucks better have paperwork so he could do his paperwork, Then he goes into our yard and looks at these trucks or what's left and even frame vin#'s to be sure it all matches and all this comes about with so many in this country no matter what kind of vehicle it is tampering with titles,

Oh by the way we had a truck bought at a auction Title/Vin totally destroyed in the system with a letter stating that if this very nice 1978 F-150 58,000 mile truck was found on the road Jail Time will be automatic to ALL Involved

And like I said before we have to be on a National Web Site to be sure not stolen, then would have to have a picture of the owner, picture of his drivers license and because of no title would have to be paid only in check only,, It is not just our state But many other states are on this system,, Hard to say on how many trucks we refused because of title issues, Bill of Sale only paperwork or how many people have called us on the proper way to do paperwork or look or flags that will stop them from getting legal titles

This just our :2cents: when it comes to this,, but with all these comments it just getting away from my Original post
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

You're a dealer of some sorts.....now I get it. It's different up here between a private individual and a dealer - my dad has been owner of a used car lot since 1980 and all the rules and regs he's had put on him are unbelievable......1 mistake and you're in deep ****............. :eek:

1997 Honda CBR 900RR
idaho_cowboy

Post by idaho_cowboy »

Somebody's a little paranoid!

Each state is different, obviously.

Technically the door dag isn't even the VIN, it's the warranty tag. Says so right on the tag! "warranty no." - The actual vin to match is on the frame (x2) as we all know. With that said, In Idaho it's body first, frame second unless I state otherwise prior to inspection. As would be the case if the driver door, or other body parts were replaced. I could simply say, let's check the frame.

In a pinch, the body ID tag often found screwed to the firewall has been helpful when the door was non existent and the frame was too dirty to read.

Once titled, in any state, you're home free. If your state requires door tag, order a legal replacement from Marti Auto. Done.

Easy as can be. Safely, legally. No problems, ever. Naturally don't buy something you suspect is stolen. But if you suspect everything with a lost title to be stolen, you're missing out.

- Joseph
Owner @ bumpsidetreasures
FLASH 1

Post by FLASH 1 »

Somebody's a little paranoid! :lol: we are not I agree with some things,, data plate on the door in some states eyes are the Vin # but for some reason you get pulled over by a cop that has a idea that some thing is fishy, and don't match, right then a lot of ?'s will be asked,, have seen vehicles returned to original owners cause somebody did something,, we are a Company that sells Ford Trucks/Parts and have been for 20+ years now and have seen a lot more than say the occasional person doing it not often, this is ours business that keeps us going almost year around with all different situations.. How would somebody feel your bringing in your first classic and get pulled over, then get checked only to find out something is wrong and that classic is impounded. I don't care if you have a title, EVERY State will not accept a title if there is any doubt and not being checked. All this garbage started several years ago when price of scrap went way up and vehicle being stolen for scrap.. even if bringing a total ragged out truck to the scrapper it gets inspected and vin # run..

paranoid not so much but be careful,, I can go to a lot of swap meets see trucks that might good price, reason not bought, TITLE/Vin# issues, anyway I am done since like every thing every body has their way of doing things right or wrong
1956 Big Window
1964 F-750 Flat Bed
1965 M-100 Mercury
1966 M-350 Mercury
1966 F350 Wrecker
1972 F-350 Crew Cab
2006 F-150 Crew Cab
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

idaho_cowboy wrote:Once titled, in any state, you're home free. If your state requires door tag, order a legal replacement from Marti Auto.

- Joseph
Which is what I did with the one you sold to me.......... :D

1997 Honda CBR 900RR