gottransmissions.com (also goes by southwest engines)

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

jaytay13

gottransmissions.com (also goes by southwest engines)

Post by jaytay13 »

offered a quote on their website for a 1970 C6 transmission. I called to double check because it looked a little low. The salesperson that answered told me that they dont carry any of that "old ****", so I asked where he would suggest I look... he told me to look on the internet. I replied that was where I found him and his exact quote was to carry on to the next one then.

I dont have a problem with old quotes on a site... sometimes things happen, but for a company to talk about old time customer service and how their reps will help you with any questions and then treat someone that way, I found horrible.

I then got an email three hours later asking me why I hadn't finished checking out and buying the transmission. Included in the email was the quote, the quote number. the price and a handy link to go pay for the transmission. So I wrote back asking again if they had it... once again the reply was terse that they didn't.

I'm not sure if they just wanted to take my money and not deliver something or what was going on, but it has made me leery of the company.
1969 F-250 Camper Special
ImageImage
jaytay13

Re: gottransmissions.com (also goes by southwest engines)

Post by jaytay13 »

I got a call today from the manager of the company. He apologized for how I was treated and offered me a small discount. Since I haven't found a transmission yet, I ordered it... we will see how it comes and how Im treated.
1969 F-250 Camper Special
ImageImage
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Must be a member of Fordification and read your review :lol:
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

How'd it end up working out?
1969 F250 Ranger Camper Special. 390, NP435, 3:73s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves. -Thomas Jefferson